Graduate Assistant - English & Humanities
The School of Arts & Sciences invites Marymount graduate students enrolled in the universityâ€™s MA program in English and Humanities to apply for a 1/3 Graduate Assistantship position.
Four positions are available for the 2017-2018 academic year.
A 1/3 Graduate Assistantship works 7 hours per week and receives a waiver of 3 graduate credits each semester of the assistantship. No additional stipend.
- Providing support to teaching faculty (35%)
- Planning and publicizing academic events (25%)
- Creating and maintaining the programâ€™s web presence and other academic resources (25%)
- Assisting in research and development projects (15%)
To be eligible for a Graduate Assistantship, a student must:
(1) Be accepted into Marymount as a graduate student
(2) Have applied to or be registered in at least 6 credits in the Graduate Program in English and Humanities during any semester in which you are awarded a GA position
(3) For current students, graduate GPA must be at least 3.0. For entering graduate students, undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0.
- Strong skills in research, writing, and interpersonal communication
- Initiative and ability to work independently, including creative problem solving
- Familiarity with technologies commonly used for educational purposes, such as Canvas, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability and interest in learning to use new computer applications
- Familiarity with social media, web design, and/or image and video editing software is highly desirable but not required
- Experience as a writing center tutor or other teaching experience highly desirable but not required
Special Notes to Applicants
Please fill out the online application and attach a current CV and a cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position.
Application materials must be received by 08/25/2017
Open Until Filled No
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.