Help Desk Technician - Fort Detrick
General Dynamics is currently hiring for a Help Desk Technician, located at USAMMDA-Fort. Detrick in Frederick, Maryland.
USAMMDA develops new drugs, vaccines and medical support devices that enhance readiness, ensure provisions of the highest quality medical care to the DoD and maximize the survival of medical casualties on the battlefield. The product managers at USAMMDA guide promising new concepts and technologies developed in the USAMRMC laboratories through advanced development and the regulatory process to obtain U.S. FDA certification. Upon FDA certification, USAMMDA works in conjunction with the U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency to develop plans for fielding medical materiel
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for the following areas.
- Responsible for first call resolution by providing tier 1 computer technical support received through phone calls, emails, and tickets.
- Document and triage the request by solving or escalating the request to Tier 2 support
- Other duties as assigned involving inventory management, imaging laptops, and excess computer equipment
- Provides a high level of customer service when interacting with the user base
- Responsible for troubleshooting Windows 7 OS, various software applications, and hardware support issues by identifying problems, investigating causes, and recommending solutions.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Must be U.S Citizen / Must be able to obtain a National Security Clearance.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1-2 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
A+ Certification Required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.