Web Services Manager
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Web Services Manager is responsible for a wide range of online programs, websites, development initiatives and overall management and architecture of the web platform and web datacenter for ABC National and its chapters. He or she will design and implement search engine optimization strategies, improve overall site traffic/performance and collaborate with developers, graphic designers and content providers to facilitate optimal site usability. The Web Services Manager will solely be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the current ABC content management system, development projects and SQL back end. He or she will supervise the work of the Web Developer I and II positions. The Web Services Manager must have excellent time management and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities within expected timelines.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Serve as development and technical lead and liaison on projects and in interdepartmental meetings.
- Perform project management duties and provide leadership on web based projects across departments. Ensure that all development projects are designed, developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Research new and emerging technologies and how they can be utilized to improve the association’s web presence.
- Work with senior staff and the executive team to formulate and execute the strategic plan with respect to online technologies.
- Responsible for the overall web infrastructure built using VMware technology and on the Microsoft stack with an up-time of 99.9%.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and knowledge of the DotNetNuke (DNN) platform and CMS.
- Track and report on all site metrics.
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software).
- Coordinate web projects across departments and ensure that all development projects are designed, developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Copy edit and proofread all web content.
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Work cooperatively with key team members, national and chapter staff and vendors.
- Interface directly with website hosting company.
- Manage and maintain IIS.
- Manage and maintain SQL Server and responsible for the overall data integrity of its databases.
- Document all aspects of the websites.
- Using the SDLC, design, develop and implement various web modules inside the DNN framework.
- Project management duties using agile methodology.
User Web Support and Training:
- Develop and provide on-going user training for basic web content techniques, on-going maintenance and long-term advanced training for content editors across the association.
- Assist chapters with development of their websites.
- Work with the chapters to promote the use of the chapter template and help chapters develop more robust and visually appealing sites.
- Strong project management skills
- Must be familiar with object-oriented design and use of design patterns
- Proficient with Adobe products such as Photoshop
- Strong development skills in ASP.NET, C# and MS SQL Server
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate technical results and advise/consult other team members or departments on related projects or issues.
- Association/nonprofit experience desired
- Organizational awareness and resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college
- Experience, Technical training and/or certifications are acceptable in lieu of degree
- 10 years of hands-on experience in ASP.NET, C# or VB.NET, MS SQL and related MS Visual Studio tools
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to organize, multitask and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Writing and verbal skills
- Be a self-starter with strong organizational, project coordination and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a demanding work schedule
- Utilize tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- The highest level of personal ethical standards
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.