The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), a non-profit scientific organization, seeks an individual to manage deadline-driven communications initiatives through the development and dissemination of products used to communicate with FASEB Society members, advocacy/corporate partners, the media and the public.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing, and producing content for media use, including press releases, talking points and key messages, blog posts, video and/or visual media.
- Managing social media and networking programs, including maintaining and updating Twitter, Facebook, and similar applications.
- Working with the Director of Communications on the design, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive public relations program for the Office of Public Affairs.
- Developing marketing products and advocacy materials for the FASEB website, print media and internal/external electronic media in collaboration with various FASEB staff.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 4-6 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have demonstrated expertise and experience in web and social media applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Experience in non-profit advocacy, scientific or research organizations preferred.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
FASEB is conveniently located in Bethesda close to Routes 270 and 495. FASEB offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient location to major thoroughfares, free parking and the opportunity to support the scientific community and researchers from around the world.
For more information about FASEB, visit: www.faseb.org