Sr Principal Systems Engineer
Monitor, analyze, and detect Cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks. Consult on integrated, dynamic Cyber defense and leverage Cybersecurity solutions to administer Cybersecurity operational services, including intrusion detection and prevention, situational awareness of network intrusions, security events, and data spillage, and incident response actions. Participate in engineering, testing, deploying, and administering the infrastructure hardware and software required to effectively manage the organization's Cybersecurity operational services, as needed. Participate in regular reporting cycles to translate state of the environment and security posture to executive management.
- Must be able to be pass US Government Clearance processes - Secret Level or Public Trust
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of *Unix/Linux based environments.
- Experience or familiarity with virtualization and the concept of containerization (e.g. Twistlock etc.)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring systems and SIEM ecosystem components (IDPS, traditional and next generation endpoint protection, web/internet proxy, log aggregation, NGFW)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, firewalls & load balancing)
- Experience with reviewing government guidance, including task orders, directives, STIGs, or IAVAs for applicability and implementation
- Comfortable with reviewing vulnerability scans and managing efforts to ensure that all internal systems are fully patched and configured compliant with required government or other regulations.
- Communicating and coordinating security issues to all stakeholders within and external to IT, or the local organization.
- Providing cybersecurity engineering expertise to new departmental initiatives and projects.
- Improving cybersecurity processes and procedures by developing new and/or re-evaluating existing procedures.
- Interpreting data provide by cybersecurity solutions and assist in tuning solutions to provide more meaningful reports and information.
- Evaluating new cybersecurity solutions to mature cybersecurity capabilities.
- Intermediate level knowledge of scripting for D2D Tasks and automation
- Comfortable with CyberOps daily maintenance and operations
- develop/maintains SOP's and Deployement Plans including detailed design and diagrams
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.