Coordinator, Meeting Services
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Meetings, the Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the Meetings Team, including: signage, shipments, ENDO shuttle, and ENDO staff instruction. Works and supports Director, Meeting Services with ENDO registration and VIP registration/housing, and serves as a main contact with the key registration company staff.
What you'll bring to the job:
- College degree preferred.
- 2 – 3 years meeting planning experience (association experience preferred).
- Experience in creating and using spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and to be able to prioritize projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including typing proficiency with emphasis on accuracy and business writing abilities.
- 2 years demonstrated positive customer service experience.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you'll own:
- Assist and support the Manager, Meetings Services with committee and live educational meetings, monitors and reviews online meeting request forms; provides templates for meeting notices to staff liaison; manages RSVP list, produces signs; prints name badges for CEU/EBR; coordinates shipments, etc.
- Work with transportation company to coordinate shuttle service for ENDO including CMES program.
- Serve as a key contact with the official ENDO registration company and coordinates/oversees production of online registration by:
- Responding to questions regarding ENDO registration.
- Working with the Marketing Team to develop registration and housing forms.
- Managing ENDO VIP registration and housing.
- Support the Director of Meetings with maintaining and updating the ENDO staff assignment worksheet. Assist in preparation of ENDO All Staff and New ENDO Staff Orientation, including preparation of agendas, PPT presentations, staff manuals and other essential logistical considerations.
- Act as department liaison coordinating meeting related materials for the ENDO brochure and web micro-site, CEU brochure and web listing.
- Work with Freeman and staff to ensure the success of an on-time complete delivery for ENDO and manage on-site shipment placement.
- Coordinate/produce all necessary ENDO signs to include entering data into the Freeman Plan Tour software and approving signs and displays.
- Assist with monitoring the ENDO budget for assigned functions and report budget status. Prepare invoices for approval and payment through the Finance department.
- Prepare the RFP for temporary personnel for ENDO. Train and supervise temporary personnel as required at all onsite meetings.
- Organize the purchase of ENDO uniforms and maintain inventory of meeting staff uniforms. Provide options for ENDO conference bags and manage the process of ordering bags as well as the process of bag stuffing for attendees.
- Ensure cross-functional communication between departments.
- Maintain an awareness of the meetings and hospitality industry trends and foster healthy business relationships.
What you'll do well:
- Organize work, set priorities, and determine resource requirements; determine necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members by listening, understanding, and responding to identified needs. Exhibits high level of customer service and identifies ways to improve service procedures/levels within own position. You will demonstrate responsiveness and follow-through on internal and external requests.
- Possess the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to plan and organize tasks to achieve results.
What you'll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to contribute in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful- work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution, should submit resume and cover letter with your application.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.