Heathcare Education Materials and Product Designer -TBI
The Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 16 Army, Navy and VA medical treatment centers - ensuring optimum care within the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Nation.
The Education Materials and Product Designer facilitates the development of multimedia educational projects related to traumatic brain injury.
- Develop high quality, effective TBI educational products in support of DoD and VA clinical guidance along the continuum from prevention to recovery.
- Support product lifecycle concept to dissemination.
- Collaborate with government leadership to review, comment, and/or approve training and education products.
- Collaborate with the curriculum coordinator, instructional systems specialist, and medical writer to create assets for products including, but not limited to: illustrations, videos, animations, and podcasts.
- Partner with DoD, VA, and internal and external stakeholders to review, comment, and/or approve training and education products.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Instructional Design or related field required or Master's degree in Education- Emphasis in Adult Education and/ or Instructional Design preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in designing instructional materials, facilitating trainings or a combination of both.
- Experience or expressed interest in designing for the military population preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the subject of traumatic brain injury preferred.
- Must be U.S Citizen
- 1-3 years experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- 1-3 years experience working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Desire to learn new multimedia software and hardware, sometimes in a short time frame.
- Effective communication skills with a diverse group of people are required.
- Excellent computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, email, and internet communication is required.
- Understanding of adult learning theories is required.
- As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.