Biostatistician - Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Ensure the scientific merit and statistical validity of research protocols.
- Review protocols and grant applications to optimize study design, enhance competitiveness of submissions, and ensure validity of research results.
- Provide statistical consultations to researchers.
- Foster growth and expertise to improve the quality of research design, the integrity of the data collection, and the accuracy of the results in presentations and publications.
- Support up-to-date institutional policies for research review and approval, research execution, and publication clearance to comply with local, federal, and DOD.
- Solve technical problems arising within the mission scope; analyze data from audits and protocols, prepare reports, communicate results with suggested corrective actions to the research teams; communicate findings to research review boards, department heads, and regulatory offices.
- Recommend statistical methods based on a wide variety of possible approaches, and a range of established methods
- Research compliance and administrative problems, develop new information
- Originate approaches, methods and procedures to plan and carry out assignments
- Contribute to standard operating procedures guiding investigators and the institutional and scientific review boards that review and approve research.
- Masters Degree in a scientific discipline.
- 5-10 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
- Must be a US Citizen.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.