Support Service Clerk
- Fills, packages and ships all requests for forms, brochures, envelopes, etc., for all local and out of area branches including overseas locations.
- Stocks appropriate levels of supplies.
- Updates the UPS CompleteView System based tracking system for all packages sent to branches and members.
- Remains current on postal zones, mail rates and post office regulations and requirements.
- Receives and examines all materials from within PenFed to be delivered by contracted couriers and vendors to ensure proper addressing and destination. Insures that all materials are picked up by respective couriers within established time parameters.
- Notifies Manager of department needs including equipment repairs, supplies, and postage meter refills
- Performs routine maintenance to equipment, including but not limited to, cleaning, lubrication and identification of parts which need replacement.
- Secures work area before leaving each day.
- Places maintenance calls to vendor and maintains a service log for each piece of equipment.
- The incumbent will be also picking mail up at the USPS, and as well as branches and service centers in the DC Metro Area.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
Education and ExperienceEquivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School diploma or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- One year related work experience required.
- Familiarity with Xerox Color & Monochrome Printing production equipment, and Hasler production Mail Meters preferred. Color printing knowledge is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of various printing processes including color as well as mail room operations technology is highly decired.
- Good Customer Service skills required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and no registered violations on driving record for past 2 years
No supervisory responsibility
Licenses and Certifications There are no additional certifications required. Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. Travel Some travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.