Education and eLearning Specialist
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an experienced Education and eLearning Specialist to join the Education and Learning Services (ELS) team in either Washington D.C. or Chicago. The ELS unit plays a critical role in client growth by developing education programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations - this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs. The Education and eLearning Specialist serves as the project manager on multiple clients, developing educational projects to include webinars, online learning modules and instructional design.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the development and execution of educational/eLearning strategy and plans for client organizations
- Work with client volunteer subject matter experts in developing strategy, content and program delivery methodology
- Design eLearning courses
- Develop online course catalogues and product portfolios
- Assist with implementation of learning management platforms
- Coordinate all educational aspects of client conference program planning (full project planning to include pre-planning, speaker relations and contracting, vendor relations, content development, on-site execution and post event wrap up)
- As the primary contact for speakers, manage speaker processes (speaker database management, speaker agreements and content management)
- Serve as staff liaison to education and program planning oversight committees
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of education program administration
- Develop financials (monitoring revenue/expense performance and staff time and fees)
- Allocate time according to budget and create critical dates and project plans
- Contribute effective and creative ideas to client planning and analysis processes
- Oversee integrity of communications with internal teams, vendors, speakers, and volunteers as it relates to educational programs and initiatives
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a passion for developing, implementing and evaluating professional education programs
- You are a team player that enjoys sharing your knowledge as a way to develop peers and junior staff
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You display a strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills (multiple concurrent tasks)
- You exhibit a high level of detail orientation
- You have the ability to travel up to 20% to attend various educational events and client meetings
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in corporate and/or nonprofit education program management, to include eLearning experience
- Familiarity with/knowledge of industry trends and delivery methods; (i.e., eLearning, blended learning approaches, podcasts, instructional design, processes, learning management systems, certification tracking tools, etc.)
- Knowledge of certification/testing industry standards, testing vendor community is highly preferred
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.