Psychological Counselor - Part time
This is a Part time position. Working 20 hours per week.
- Provide direct psychological counseling services to students, including crisis management;
- Develop community-level programming in order to foster University-wide mental wellness and education that supports the aims, objectives, and missions of the Counseling Center and the University;
- Collaborate with the Director and other Counseling Center staff in operation of the department.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, or Social Work, or doctoral degree in Psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.)
- Licensed or license-eligible (within 12 months of appointment) in Virginia is required.
- Knowledge of university counseling center operations.
- Knowledge of college student development and counseling of college students.
- Ability to think symbolically and analytically about a variety of human behaviors and experiences.
- Short and long term planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Delegation and supervision skills.
- Crisis management and referral skills.
- Policy development and implementation skills.
- Training skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise human relations/interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with university community.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and leadership when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
Special Notes to Applicants
Please include a list of 3 references, including phone number and email address.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university founded by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary. The university emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.