Identity and Access Management (IAM) Federation Engineer
Experienced, detailed oriented, technology focused Identity and Access Management (IAM) Federation Engineer responsible for supporting mission-critical business areas such as Financial, Procurement, Business Development, Collaboration, Service Management, and Human Resources. This individual develops, maintains, and supports technical infrastructure that includes network, hardware, database, and system software components. In addition, the resource will work actively with the GDIT business community to solve business problems with system and process solutions that fit with company/customer systems architecture standards.
* Supports the development of an IAM strategy, implementation roadmap and architectural blueprint across on premise, cloud, and mobile systems.
* Supports selection, design, and deployment of IAM products and services in-line with industry standards, regulatory compliance, and business requirements.
* Drives IAM root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for incidents and service interruptions.
* Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
* Supports the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
* Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
* Develops logical and physical technology documentation on new or existing systems.
* Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as needed.
* Evolves into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
* Collaborates with other departments and IT to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
* Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced architects, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
* Advanced knowledge and awareness of current information technology products, services, and solutions.
* Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
* Advanced knowledge of network services, directory federation services, operating systems services, data management, and virtualized and cloud compute.
* Strong experience with a variety of Identity Management, SOA, and Web 2.0 development.
* Knowledge of Single Sign On Federation products using SAML 2.0 and Oath technology. Products such as Oracle IAM and Microsoft ADFS.
* Experience with multi factor authentication, and Managed PKI
* Experience integrating directories for access management and SSO.
* Experience in troubleshooting of complex enterprise-architected systems on multiple platforms
* Must be able to work well with staff members and user community, especially with senior business management staff. Person must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the company
* Work hours may include meetings schedule outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours. Occasional travel may be required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.