Principal Systems Administrator
* The candidate must have the ability to manage the functionality, efficiency, and security of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Must possess proven experience working with a large enterprise distributed computing environment. The ideal candidate will excel in a team environment, yet able to work independently.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Manage a distributed, enterprise-wide Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 installation, encompassing Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Host Exploit Protection, and Network Protection components.
* Deploy, upgrade, and manage various systems security agents, including RSA Authentication, BMC BladeLogic Server Automation, FireEye, and Bit9 Parity.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems utilizing Ipswitch What's Up Gold and Tenable Security Center.
* Acts as a subject-matter expert to on an assigned task and/or approved project.
* Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
* Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Utilize logical problem solving to find creative solutions to problems in the environment.
* Create and update technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
* Support IT goals and objectives including measures and projects.
* Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented correctly and completely, and monitor all effects of the modifications.
* Establish/recommend policies on system use and services.
* Provide after hours and on-call support as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related systems administration experience. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.