The City of Takoma Park is seeking a part-time Crossing Guard to provide support to the Police Department's Administration Division when needed. This position is not subject to membership in the AFSCME union.
- Controls vehicular traffic at designated street crossings to allow students and other pedestrians to cross safely
- Encourages students to observe and obey traffic regulations at school crossings
- Controls vehicular traffic to allow school buses safe entry and exit
- Reports any traffic or other hazards to designated personnel
- Provides directions and other assistance to motorists
- Performs other assigned duties
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to complete and pass a full background check
- Driver’s License strongly preferred
- Must be willing to stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather
- Must be able to work a flexible rotating shift with up to 10 hours per week
- Must be available to work between the hours of 7:00a.m -4:30p.m
The City offer an excellent benefits package to include State retirement plan; medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; and other supplemental programs.
To officially apply please complete an online application at:
Only online applications will be considered.