Code Enforcement Officer
The City of Takoma Park seeks an Code Enforcement Officer. This position is responsible for the enforcement of City codes and ordinances.
- Conducts property maintenance code inspections initiated by complaints from the community, staff, or City officials; schedules and performs staff initiated inspections.
- Follows up on initial inspections in a timely manner.
- Documents inspection findings and related matters using Code software and standard forms; photographs code violations.
- Researches property ownership records.
- Maintains case records.
- Uses form documents to respond to generate case specific correspondence.
- Responds to complaints, questions and concerns from the general public.
- Prepares and processes violation notices for non-compliant properties; works with property owners to resolve problems; prepares citations and related documents for court hearings; appears and testifies in court under the direction of the City Attorney; monitors abatement orders.
- Participates in landlord seminars as needed.
- Schedules and performs work to remove illegal signs.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of code enforcement inspection principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of property records research principles.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and county laws, City ordinances, and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge on how to use photographic equipment.
- File management.
- Problem solving.
- Prioritizing and Planning.
- Interpersonal Relations.
- Oral and Written Communication.
The City offer an excellent benefits package to include State retirement plan; medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; and other supplemental programs.
To officially apply please complete an online application at:
Only online applications will be considered.