HCMD_Patient Registration Rep II_S4150
Responsible for obtaining and verifying demographic and financial information for all inpatients and outpatients prior to or during the registration process. Minimizes the financial risk of providing services by assessing the patient's financial status, verifying and entering accurate patient information into the registration system, obtaining signatures on all required hospital and regulatory forms and obtaining applicable patient payments prior to or at the time services are provided. The Patient Registration Representative II will also be responsible for managing the administrative duties related to the processing of patients in either Express Care, Labor & Delivery and/or the OB/GYN Clinic. Excellent customer service skills are utilized in all dealings with patients, family members, physician offices, third party payers and co-workers. Financial/insurance information is communicated to case management and financial counseling staff when appropriate. Completes all managed care notification requirements. Other duties are as assigned. Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School graduate
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form. Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred. Spanish may be required for this position in specific settings.
- Two-year experience in a hospital and/or other health care setting, preferably in registration, billing, cash collections or insurance requirements. Familiarity with third party/insurance payers and medical terminology preferred. Related college level courses may be considered in lieu of work experience.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers. Specifically, Microsoft products and email.
- Typing skills of 45 wpm or higher required.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Self-directed and ability to prioritize work in a stressful environment.
- Ability and willingness to transport patients by wheelchair.
- Ability to meet patient age-specific needs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.