Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school in Occupational Therapy
Annual Registration with the American Occupational Therapy Association is recommended
Reports directly to the Principal and indirectly to the special education supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch and hold objects or instruments and to type; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 15 pounds. Itinerant travel is required, and the employee is frequently required to change locations and adapt to multiple environments across schools, offices and home visits. Ability to drive and navigate to multiple locations occasionally within a single day is required. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Occupational Therapist will develop and implement a program for facilitation restoration and/or maintenance of optimum independence in disabled students whose adaptive skills and/or effective functioning in the environment have (has) been impaired.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs functions in the areas of general development, self-help or self-care, needs for individual and environmental adaptations, functional mobility, motor skills and musculoskeletal system, sensory motor and integrative skills and pre-vocational and vocational skills
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team whose purpose is to provide an appropriate educational program for the disabled student
- Keeps abreast of recent developments in Occupational Therapy and to show evidence of continuing professional growth and to maintain a close liaison with medical doctors
- Keeps essential records necessary to the efficient operation of the school
- Adheres to the American Occupational Therapy Association Code of Ethics
- Performs related work as required
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
197 Day Position, 7 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -