Administrative Assistant - Men's Basketball
7 days left
- Full Time
Administrative Assistant, Men's Basketball - Hoya Athletics
The Administrative Assistant facilitates, administers and organizes the day to day operations of the men's basketball office, ensuring that the office is consistently organized and to facilitate communication between staff members. Reporting to the Head Men's Basketball Coach, and working closely with the 3 assistant coaches and the Director of Basketball Operations, the Administrative Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs word processing and create of spreadsheets.
- Maintains the Men's Basketball recruiting database, alumni database and Friends & Family database.
- Creates and mails the Men's Basketball newsletter.
- Schedules appointments, handles mail, and generates correspondence to recruits, including letters, questionnaires and weekly game articles.
- Creates and maintains a scrapbook of each season with newspaper clippings.
- Orders supplies for the office and processes invoices.
- Handles the development and administration of projects.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies.
- Coordinates the planning of meetings and events.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and uses computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management and other applications.
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence and, other material.
- Answers telephones and provides information to callers, takes messages, or transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
- Completes forms in accordance with University procedures.
- High school diploma or certified equivalency
- 1 to 3 years of administrative experience and progressive experience in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of NCAA rules, particularly those pertaining to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Knowledge of and commitment to principles and processes for providing quality customer service
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain such relationships over time, and the ability to interact with University officials, representatives of the NCAA and Big East, alumni, donors and the general public
- Strong interpersonal and communications (both written and verbal) skills
- Ethical in the handling of all matters
- Reliability, responsibility, and dependability regarding work schedule
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate supervision
- Commitment to efficiency and timeliness, and to the principles and processes for providing quality customer service
- Attention to detail, commitment to task completion, and ability to effectively and efficiently manage a multitude of tasks
- Ability to provide a cooperative, positive approach to duties and collaboration
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.