GED Instructor - Part Time Faculty (non-credit)
The Montgomery College, Westfield South Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching GED® to Adult Learners in a non-traditional educational setting. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Faculty member will be expected to teach all areas required for completion of the GED® (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science)
• Faculty member will be required to abide by all College policies and procedures
• Faculty member will be expected to complete detailed, daily reports
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• A Bachelors degree in one or more of the areas covered on the GED® exam
• A minimum of 2 years teaching ABE-ASE classes
• Experience working with a diverse population, preferably in a non-traditional education setting
• Proven experience in delivery of high quality, effective GED® instruction to adult learners
• Must be able to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2-4pm
• A Masters degree in one or more of the areas covered on the GED® exam
• Experience providing high quality GED® instruction to at-risk young males
• A background in counselling
For more details please contact Hiring Manager Nancy Newton at Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org
• To apply, please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.