Part-time Ethics and Research Coordinator
Are you seeking an exciting and unique part-time opportunity to apply your planning skills to support the Ethics Program while being involved with research for a vibrant medical association at the forefront of the oncology field?
Who we are:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position and this part-time opportunity features benefits including paid parking or a metro subsidy, 401(k), prorated paid time off as long as the employee meets results, prorated paid holidays, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs.
Who we are looking for:
This is a newly created position based on 20 hours/week for a high-performing Part-time Ethics and Research Coordinator to join the Center for Integrity & Law (CEIL) team under the Office of the CEO. The selected candidate should bring at least two years of related experience and will coordinate activities for the Ethics Committee, provide research and project support for the Associate Counsel, Ethics, and participate in department initiatives and projects. If you enjoy using your writing, research, and analytical skills, and have a passion for the health field while making a difference, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Coordinate preparation activities and prepare materials for onsite Ethics Committee meetings and conference calls; staff meetings and take notes; and follow up on action items and initiatives
- Closely support the Ethics Committee in all relevant ethics matters and with other committees to accomplish projects
- Conduct research, gather, and synthesize and summarize background information on bioethics topics relevant to oncology such as medicine, law, health policy, and medical humanities
- Assist with manuscript preparation, draft related memos, reports, or articles as requested for committee projects
- Provide programmatic and administrative assistance for projects within the Center for Law & Integrity
Skills and qualifications needed for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care, social science, bioethics or other closely related field preferred
- Demonstrated interest in research for medicine and/or applied ethics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; hands-on experience working with databases such as PubMed
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Ability to stay focused, organized, and effective under guidance while anticipating needs in advance
- Track record of successful multi-tasking in a fast-paced and professional environment while meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply for Part-time Ethics and Research Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly