Physical Therapist, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Hampton, VA - $83K - $93K!
Outstanding Physical Therapist, PT Ortho Opportunity at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Hampton, VA
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Joint Base Langley-Eustis and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Annual Salary - $83,000 - $93,000!
* Sign-On Bonus/Relocation Assistance Available!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday - Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Holidays! PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES : Include, but are not limited to the following:
* Perform a full range of physical therapist services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges granted by the MTF.
* Provide appropriate therapeutic procedures and provide a full range of therapy services in support of patient referrals.
* Administer treatments involving application of physical agents, using equipment such as, but not limited to, moist packs, ultrasound, electric stimulation, and mechanical traction machines.
* Appropriately apply therapeutic based exercise and progression in order to meet rehabilitation objectives and to optimize functional performance and return to duty at all levels of care spectrum from wellness to complex cases.
* All patient contact and care shall be safe, timely, result in achievement of realistic and documented treatment goals, and comply with or satisfy the intent of the referring medical staff.
* Test and measure the patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and/or respiratory and circulatory efficiency. Record findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
* Plan and prepare written treatment programs based on an evaluation of the patient.
* Administer manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
* Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in performing various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
* Administer treatments involving application of physical agents, using equipment such as a pulsed lavage unit and/or whirlpool bath, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines. Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
* Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of mobilization techniques and body physiology.
* Administer traction to relieve pain, using traction equipment.
* Record treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart and/or automated systems.
* Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
* Evaluate, fit, and adjust prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommend modification as required.
* Coordinate treatment with physician and other staff members to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of the patient's health care. Contact referring physicians regarding patient care concerns, as required.
* Provide documented treatment and discharge recommendations to members of the staff in routine, emergency, and special cases as needed.
* Provide input and attend rehabilitation team meetings, seminars, and quality assurance meetings.
* Participate in peer review activities.
*Provide clinical supervision to assistants, technicians, aides, and students.
* Education: A Masters OR Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from a Physical Therapy program acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General and accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
* Licensure: A current, unrestricted license to practice Physical Therapy in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Experience: 1) Must have at least 24 months experience within the past 36 months as a Licensed Physical Therapist. 2) Must have at least 24 months of experience in an Outpatient Orthopedic Clinical setting.
* Certification: Current BLS certification required (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Services shall be provided between the hours of 0730 hours to 1630 hours Monday through Friday. A one hour unpaid break will be given during the shift as determined by the clinic. On-call hours are Saturday and Sunday - 0730-1630.
* On-call will be approximately 1 weekend per month. Physical Therapist will be required to rotate no more than two times per contract year to the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth (NMCP) for a period of 4-6 weeks. The objective is to provide optimal quality of care for our patients, maintain clinical currency and competency and maximize resource utilization. NMCP is approximately 27 miles from Langley AFB medical treatment facility.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com
Apply for Physical Therapist, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Hampton, VA - $83K - $93K!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly