Provides advice and makes recommendations as an authoritative leader in the cyber security, networks, and networks operations arena. Provides design, architecture, and engineering technical direction and leadership. Recommends solutions to the most difficult security problems in existing systems and systems development. Applies or assists with application of formal methods in security architecture, security system design and engineering, and security technology integration and deployment. Leads and participates in security tests and evaluations, studies and experiments. Conducts technical and management briefings. Oversees and directs complex technical tasks.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certifications Desired: PMP, ITIL Foundations
12 years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or other projects related to critical network infrastructure protection. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. Previous technical director or CTO experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of operational cybersecurity processes, procedures and best practices as practiced within the computer network defense (CND) industry.
- Good working knowledge of Cyber Intelligence and Threat Analytics as well as Insider Threat Programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Proven capability to establish cybersecurity controls and policies of a cyber program across a global enterprise
- Working knowledge of information security management standards and frameworks such as NIST and FISMA.
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
TS (clearable to SCI)
- Ten (10) years of experience in cyber security system or solution design, engineering, evaluation, integration and/or deployment.
- Eight (8) years of experience in managing cyber security engineering projects. Demonstrated ability to provide cyber security guidance at the authoritative level.
- 5-8 Years cyber security operations experience supporting Unclassified and Classified network operations.
- 5-8 Years' experience managing and directing cybersecurity projects for global networks and systems.
- Desired: SCADA/ Industrial Control System Security or ICS CIRT management experience
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.