AF DCGS Principal Systems Engineer & SME
AF DCGS Principal Systems Engineer & Subject Matter Expert
Robins AFB - Warner Robins, GA
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need to fill a position supporting the Air Force's Distributed Common Ground Station (AF DCGS) and Air Operations Weapon Systems, as well as the Joint Space Operations Center and a segment of Cyber. This position requires the Principal Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expert to provide insight into the AF DCGS mission, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.
Specifically, qualified candidates:
- Must have SIGINT, GEOINT, and/or ELINT experience, and a general understanding of how data fusion, including OSINT, can improve mission effectiveness.
- Possesses expertise in AF DCGS missions, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, experience in DoDAF, and be well versed in Open Architecture and Agile development principles.
- Must be customer focused and possesses collaboration skills; will interface with AF customers' and AF DCGS community members' development, programs, and technical leadership teams.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in preparing and presenting technical reports, briefings, and design reviews to Government and internal senior leaders.
- Must be able to interface with design engineers, customers, and end users.
- Must be willing to perform short / long term business travel (2 to 6 weeks).
- Create and present detailed design documents to internal and external customers.
- Have the ability to specify interface verification requirements and planning and executing detailed system integration activities.
- Have the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines as demonstrated by successful execution experience.
- Displays a high level of initiative and ability to deliver results on technical projects.
- Experience in technical support to proposals and design reviews.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred.
Military experience and completion of an Officer or Enlisted Senior Advanced Course is highly desirable.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certified
- Security+ (CE)
- MCSA: Cloud Platform, or
- MCSA: Server 2012/2016, or
- Oracle Solaris 10/11 Associate, or
- Oracle Database 11G Associate, or
- VMWare: VCP 5/6/7
TS/SCI eligibility required to start