Director of Marketing
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents nearly 17,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease—seeks a full-time Director of Marketing.
The ASN Director of Marketing will develop and implement a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan for the entire ASN Enterprise (ASN, the ASN Foundation for Kidney Research, the Kidney Health Initiative, Nephrologists Transforming Dialysis Safety). This position will serve as a primary resource for development of messaging and materials for ASN.
Reporting directly to the ASN Executive Vice President, the Director of Marketing’s responsibilities include:
- Developing a centralized, strategic, and leading-edge marketing program that promotes and enhances the work of the entire ASN Enterprise.
- Communicating the strategic approach and associated challenges to the ASN leadership and staff.
- Building visibility and impact of all ASN Enterprise programs, including researching relationships that should be created/developed to enhance visibility with target audiences.
- Promoting ASN’s success in addressing challenges to the nephrology profession.
- Developing and implementing a creative, dynamic and well-executed marketing campaign each year that addresses a major priority/challenge as determined by the society’s leadership.
- Developing and executing ASN’s brand, marketing strategy, and branding guidelines. Ensuring the ASN Enterprise maintains a consistent organizational voice and message.
- Developing a structured approach to partnering with ASN departments to identify goals and develop comprehensive annual marketing plans.
- Conducting market research that helps all ASN staff understand competition and threats to ASN and nephrology.
- Remaining current with emerging technologies, integrating technological upgrades as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of success including strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated an ability to develop strategic marketing plans that support complex organizations.
- Superb communication, project management and collaboration skills.
- A successful track record developing and executing marketing plans within a team setting.
- Proven success facilitating and managing excellent working relationships with volunteers and external partners.
- Experience conducting/overseeing relevant market research.
- Experience in the non-profit environment, business development, and mission-based marketing.
- Familiarity with science and medicine, especially the role professional societies play in advancing professionals in those areas.
- The ability to direct multiple projects and lead the team to work across departments to meet the objectives of ASN.
- Experience directing projects that rely on internal staff and external experts.
- A track record overseeing market research, assessment, and analysis.
Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree encouraged but not required.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: Director of Marketing) to ASN at email@example.com. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.