Senior Planning Specialist (VI COMCAM)
This position is located in the Defense Media Activity (DMA), which is a Department of Defense (DoD) field activity reporting to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs). The DMA is a worldwide media organization employing state-of-the-art and emerging multi-media production and distribution technologies and operates from multiple locations in the US and overseas and with deployed combat and contingency forces throughout the world.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
You may qualify at the GS-12, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service:
- Using Visual Information (VI) tactics, techniques, and procedures and performing planning, liaison, guidance and coordination to implement imagery plans and policy and ensuring documentation of specific Combatant Command operations and exercises.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Work Schedule: Fulltime
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
Incumbent may be required to work an irregular work schedule including: shift work, nights, weekends and holidays.
*Normal work hours are 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Incumbent must possess be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Failure to obtain or retain a Top Secret security clearance will result in termination of employment.
Incumbent must pass a pre-employment drug test screening and periodic testing thereafter if required.
This position is considered mission-essential and is subject to recall during off-shift hours twenty four hours per day, seven days per week.
Incumbent will be required to perform temporary duty travel assignments to both CONUS and OCONUS locations on public or military transportation.
This position is designated as telework-eligible on a situational basis.
Professional knowledge of Combat Camera and joint Information Operations planning, concepts, principles and practices; extensive familiarity with a broad range of military operations, including at least three years of experience in joint operational planning is desired.
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
As a Senior Planning Specialist (VI COMCAM) at the GS-0301-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Perform planning, liaison, guidance and coordination to implement Defense imagery plans and policy and ensures documentation of specific Combatant Command operations and exercises.
- Monitor global news developments and ascertains the impact of events on military operations within Combatant Commands and the department.
- Direct and manage imagery ingest, editing, and work flow in coordination with photo journalists and staff.
- Determine video and still imagery requirements for mission support and direct Visual Information (VI) support to meet customer requirements.
- Direct and perform still photography and video editing to include caption editing.