Military Education Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
Military Education Coordinator, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling
Department of Stateside Military Operations
Regular, Exempt Contingent II, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Military Education Coordinator (MEC) for Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the MEC will provide advising, administrative support, and recruitment/retention outreach to prospective and current students. The MEC is responsible for serving students located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling and the surrounding area. This position will work closely with the military education center at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling to facilitate hybrid class offerings to military/veteran and civilian students. Evening hours and occasional travel are required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide students with superior customer service as an advocate and advisor throughout the academic cycle. Promote and support localized UMUC services to include hybrid classes, testing services, and graduation ceremonies as assigned at military installations and civilian sites where relevant. Provide operational and administrative duties as needed to ensure offices are properly maintained by the standards set by the military education center officers.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and proficiency with UMUC systems to include all customer relationship management (CRM) databases to include Salesforce, Peoplesoft, and Singularity Document Management System (DMS).
- Support Assistant Director with creating, coordinating, and providing consistent outreach projects and services to military and civilian installations as assigned. Provide proactive input and creative support at local events to include Military Open Houses, College/Academic Fairs, and other specialized events held in assigned geographic areas.
- Oversee applicable office resources and coordinate with Assistant Director to request support for all IT assets and office supplies as needed. Ensure posted printed marketing materials are current and accurate and displayed attractively and in adherence to military requirements.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Education Services Officer (ESO), Test Control Officer (TCO), Specialists/Counselors (our military partners) and various testing services. Provide academic officers with periodic briefings as allowed to update military representatives on UMUC programs of interest.
- Provide assistance to students that walk in, call, or email for admissions, registration, financial aid, student account information, National Testing Center information, and base access requests for classes.
- Track and analyze site's statistical data on testing and class enrollments to provide input on scheduling for hybrid classes and proctoring.
- Ensure hybrid classes are provided with adequate space and needed technologies for testing and class instruction. Make sure professors have base access and are briefed on UMUC base requirements in accordance with compliance on base security.
- Ensure civilian students and professors are adequately prepared to attain base access for class allowing enough time to acquire needed passes and access. Must be available to start the first class(es) and last class(es) of each session, every semester, at locations that offer hybrid classes to provide students with guidance and professors with keys (or pick up keys) as needed.
- Must attend local and national events, education fairs, conferences (includes annual commencement ceremony as applicable in geographic area).
- Provide the Education Services Officer (ESO), Test Control Officer (TCO) and UMUC management prompt communication of any issues affecting staffing and test administration.
- Provide coverage to other locations to provide academic advising.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education required and a minimum of one year experience working in a higher education environment, preferably with non-traditional students. Outstanding customer service skills with both internal and external customers required. Possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects and tasks. Ability to proficiently use MS Office.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
General knowledge of UMUC practices and procedures preferred. Experience working with the military or military students, preferably in higher education. Experience using PeopleSoft, Salesforce and Google Drive, Mail, and Apps.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.