Information Assurance/Cyber Engineer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Responsible for developing a comprehensive security plan for the IGC corporate infrastructure and IGC customer architectures. Focuses on advancing Intelsat General's Information Security threat and compliance program for both corporate and customer networks by planning and executing cross-platform compliance and vulnerability assessments, delivering professional reports including findings and recommendations, and driving remediation efforts to close identified vulnerabilities. Manage day-to-day administrative tasks associated with the maintenance of all configurations and components of the corporate network's security measures and corporate network architecture as a whole, suggesting and implementing improvements as required to enhance network performance and IGC's security compliance. Supply network infrastructure configuration and support to other IT staff in order to develop and deploy new technologies as needed.
An Equal Opportunity EmployerCritical Responsibilities
1. Security sustainment activities (e.g. security audits if IT systems in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, regular maintenance of security platforms, including, but not limited to, FireEye, Mandiant, McAfee ePO and related applications, Parity Bit9, and developing compliance reports for these platforms for monthly review.
2. Act as primary liaison with external security providers to take action on security anomalies identified by monitoring platforms.
3. Carry out network design, configuration, and testing to facilitate the deployment of new Enterprise sites/devices or the optimization of new and existing infrastructures.
4. Perform staging, testing, installing, integrating, and documenting of IP network architectures and related services.
5. Resolve technical issues related to the support of the company's Enterprise network, which is made up of the Corporate office, a remote operations center, and various satellite offices and locations throughout the country.
6. Deliver information systems security education and awareness to the general user community and other stakeholders.
7. Develop and manage the cybersecurity incident response program for corporate and customer architectures.
8. Interface with other technical team members, other security disciplines such as industrial security, physical security, special programs security, program personnel, and/or government security representatives.
9. Deploy and maintain an industry-standard password management utility for all infrastructure administrative and service accounts
10. Design, develop, and support an Active Directory environment within a SCIF.
- Monitor and perform pertinent upgrades to existing IT security infrastructure components, including Mandiant, FireEye, McAfee, and other industry standard technologies.
- Track the performance and health of network infrastructure and protocols.
- Develop and maintain Information Systems Security Policy for IGC corporate network.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of Intelsat General services.
- Develop, implement, and enforce key IT security controls for the IGC corporate and customer networks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2012 R2/2016, Windows 7/10) and working knowledge of Linux OS.
- Must have experience managing security applications such as McAfee ePO.
- Must have experience developing and implementing security policies for an organization independent of oversight.
- Must currently hold an be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with CI polygraph.
- Experience with certifying compliance and auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
- Previous experience with complex Wide Area Networks and Information Systems (Multi-Program Interconnection, PL-2)
- Experience developing information system security plans, policies, and procedures for complex networks (contractor and government wide area networks).
- Experience with routing - including but not limited to: M/BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP-1/2, PBR, and WCCP.
- Experience with LAN switching technologies - including NX-OS, STP, PVST, CGMP, IGMP, 802.XX, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q & ISL), Etherchannel, Wireless, HSRP, and VRRP:
- Must display knowledge of industry best practices for network architecture and engineering and have experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies.
- Experience with development and delivery of cybersecurity related briefings and training material to all organizational levels.
- Must have working knowledge of DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework for DoD Information Technology (IT) including experience with implementing associated security controls as documented in NIST SP 800-53.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience with configuring network appliances; Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc.) preferred.
- Must have knowledge of ancillary technologies used to support networks, such as management and metric gathering tools (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools and automation tools
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Excellent troubleshooting and logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to utilize forward thinking to anticipate customer/government changes and challenges.
- Excellent aptitude for learning new systems.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.