Business System Analyst
The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, definition and documentation for the design and testing of enhancements or new applications being developed to ensure that correct business functionality, requirements, and industry quality assurance standards are addressed within systems or applications selected or built.
- Analyze end user needs, documents those needs, develop detailed business requirements, and then determine if needs can be met with existing commercial software, existing internally developed systems, or would need custom programming.
- Using the detailed business requirements, develops programming specifications for use by internal and external developers.
- Assists users in the development of test plans and test case selection; coordinates and/or performs testing of system modifications to ensure that documented requirements are met and that final user sign off is acquired.
- Develops, provides, or coordinates system training, educational tools, and materials.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management with two (2) to three (3) years of experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and system specifications in a business environment
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and system specifications in a business environment
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience working in or for an association or professional society
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and/or business applications including but not limited to: Word, MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and document business processes
- Demonstrated ability to write complete, clear, and accurate requirements and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to develop user test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assist Project Managers with managing projects.
- Experience using reporting/query tools and/or constructing SQL statements preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand concepts governing database and software design
- Close attention to detail
- Strong organization and personal management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Active listening skills
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Client service focus
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
- Experience with association management preferred
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.