Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Needed
Baltimore-Washington Metro Area
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality construction building materials in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to support Asphalt operations in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. The position will be located in Clinton, Maryland, but may be required to travel as far north as Crofton, Maryland, and as far south as Waldorf, Maryland. A company vehicle and fuel card will be provided.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs routine troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance on mobile equipment to include Asphalt rollers, pavers and dump trucks
- Maintains detailed records of equipment readiness
- Complies with all applicable safety, environmental, compliance and legal regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience repairing heavy mobile equipment, which includes the repair of asphalt pavers and rollers
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- The ability to read schematics and to diagnose problems
- Ability to rebuild major components such as engines, transmissions, gears and hydrostatic drives
- Welding and fabricating skills
- Ability to work well with others, and to offer guidance to less senior mechanics
- The ability to work without direct supervision
For immediate consideration, please apply online by double-clicking this link, or copying it and pasting it into your web browser.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., Aggregate Industries Management, Inc., and their affiliates and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas.