LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (L.P.N.) Wellness Suite Practitioner
The SEED Foundation (www.seedfoundation.com) was created in 1997 to establish college-preparatory urban boarding schools that prepare children both academically and socially, for success in college and beyond. In 1998, the Foundation opened The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. - the nation’s first urban public college preparatory boarding school. The school currently serves 325 students in grade 6-12. In 2015, 100% of SEED’s seniors were accepted to a four year college or universities.
All SEED students live on campus from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon when they return home for the weekend. The dormitories are organized into small “houses” of 10-12 students per life skills counselor for afternoon and evening routines such as study hall, house meetings, and social activities. We provide a safe and caring 24 hour boarding experience. Our relationship with parents and guardians is essential to the success of their child while at SEED.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) Wellness Suite Practitioner to provide medical care and services for the students during the daytime academic or boarding hours and during summer school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate in a strong team environment to:
- Distribute medication daily
- Maintain students’ health files (paper files as well as school database)
- Respond to medical emergencies & complete incident reports
- Communicate and collaborate with Wellness Suite staff and school staff
- Maintain daily logs and student records
- Participate on the Health Week committee and support SEED’s health week
- Maintain displays/bulletin boards
- Maintain and communicate food allergy log
- Plan and lead staff professional development
- Communicate with parents and other medical professionals, as needed
- Order, stock, maintain and manage Wellness Suite supplies
- Respond to students’ daily medical needs (headache/cramps/upset stomach/etc.)
- Evaluate students’ health status and determine plan of treatment
- Pack medication bags for field trips and Friday checkout
- Attend field trips for medically fragile students, if needed
- Prepare summer mailings to parents to ensure receipt of students’ health records
- Support and participate in Student Support Services traditions
- Assist in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as outlined in the SEED PCS Staff Handbook
- Complete all other duties as assigned
• Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) or Medical Technician Certification
• CPR/First aid certified
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent, in social sciences or related field.
• 2-3 years direct experience in adolescent development, residential/boarding education, Medical services, or related fields.
If you are interested in joining The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C., we would like to hear from you. To be considered, you must forward a complete package consisting of the following:
1. Letter of Interest
3. Salary History
Packets should be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. is committed to the letter and spirit of equality. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and other programs.