Senior HP Application Lifecycle Manager (ALM) and Agile (AgM) Manager
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior HP Application Lifecycle Manager (ALM) and HP Agile Manager (AgM) usage engineer and administrator with strong communication and technical skills. The successful candidate will manage our customer’s enterprise ALM/Agile tools while providing guidance on best use of these tools to internal project teams. The successful candidate will also be responsible for enabling effective use of HP ALM/Agile Manager to deliver internal project team applications as well as responsible for maintaining a high degree of HP tool availability and customer satisfaction. This includes HP ALM/Agile Manager administrative responsibilities and demonstrated capability using HP ALM/Agile Manager across the following:
- Frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods. Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Provide expertise and guidance to internal project teams and participate in cross-functional initiatives. Provide direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercising significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Use technical expertise to help internal project teams and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products. Apply knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems. Work with appropriate product supplier (HP, HP partner or integrated 3rd party vendor) for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house. Choose appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management. Build and/or configure HP systems and/or components by obtaining, developing, assembling, and integrating hardware and software components in order to deliver/deploy product or service. Use technical and industry knowledge to choose an appropriate solution from a number of possible standards. Document information such as configuration, installation and user guides following process standards.
- Manage users, groups and projectsPerform analysis on ALM logs and use problem solving techniques Utilize SQL and VBScript programming to build/maintain ALM dashboardsIntegrate ALM with third party products such as Serena Business Manager and JenkinsCreate user defined fields for ALM entities such as Requirements, Tests, and DefectsConfigure auto mail rulesPerform ALM Patches & UpgradesGenerate Monthly Operational ReportsComplete tickets on ALM Administration, Customizations, Maintenance & Extract ReportsWriting macros/scripts in ALMDeployment of hosts, software/services, patches and hotfixes, add-ins etcLicense management for the specific productsOperational support (task and incident management in collaboration with customer's Service Desk)Communication with HP software vendorProduction and update of required documentationWorkflow scripting for HP ALMCertificate management (in collaboration customer's Security)User management for HP ALMSite monitoring and optimizationTemplate management and rollout
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- BS in Engineering or Information Systems8-10 years IT experience with demonstrated non-administrative IT capability similar to those listed above.3-6+ years HP ALM experienceMinimum of 2 years recent experience in HP Agile Manager. Demonstrated HP ALM/Agile Manager administration