Research Specialist, Metabolomics, Lombardi Comprehensive Care Center - Georgetown University Medic
Research Specialist, Metabolomics, Lombardi Comprehensive Care Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
The Research Specialist assists with day to day operations in the Metabolomics Core facility and is involved in biomedical research - particularly cancer research - that furthers the understanding of molecular changes that dictate the proliferation and progression of cancer cells in human body. S/he has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Handles responsibilities for sample preparation, preparation of reagents, laboratory upkeep, autoclaving, ordering, scheduling waste disposal, instrument operations, data pre-processing, data backups, reporting, ordering, minor repairs, routine maintenance, multivariate and univariate data analysis using ‘R” scripts, MetaboAnalyst, MetaboSearch, and validation workflows using tandem mass spectrometry.
- Generate high quality data required through mass spectrometry instruments and their analysis using various statistics software.
- Performs laboratory upkeep, autoclaving, ordering, scheduling waste disposal, laboratory compliance of safety procedures, chemical inventory, scheduling instrument operations and maintenance, data backups and reporting ordering and other duties as needed
- Master's in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Bioinformatics
- Background in biology - preference for cancer biology experiments and interpretations
Position is located in Washington, DC.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.