Director, Mobile Network Operator Product Management
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17142.Broadband Services
Location: London UK
Travel %: Less than 30%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Responsible for the leadership and management of Intelsat's cellular backhaul managed solutions products and services. Provide leadership to the team; establish KPIs; define market segments / size opportunities; define service offerings / competition/ positioning; define service delivery; and develop relationships with key customers.
- Leadership: Provide a positive leadership style that embeds a spirit of competitiveness and winning across the market vertical team: Work through others as an Enterprise Leader: Identify and build cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives - must be a manager, not a “doer”; Make decisions: Move forward despite uncertainty and an enormous amount of potentially relevant information; Create a team culture of forward movement and accountability. Be a change agent: Set clear goals and KPIs. Drive solutions to issues. Analyze successes /failures to identify opportunities for improvement
- Financial Planning & Reporting: Manage the P&L for the market vertical. Consistently look for growth in revenue and profitability: Create sector revenue plan with Sales and Marketing management for increased revenue and market-share; Create and implement capex and opex plans with product managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered in each market sector; Provide input into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending; Lead monthly program reviews to define success, performance gaps and action plans.
- Define and Deliver Service Offerings: Direct product, marketing and sales teams through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development; Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Innovation, Product Development, Market Development, Network Engineering and Operations; Ensure development of coherent service strategy and pricing from Mhz to end-to-end service offerings.
- Global and Regional Go-To-Market Plans: Develop and deploy (global and regional) go-to-market plans to enable sales to maximize focus and revenues: Deliver go-to-market plans for direct and partner sales via product managers and marketing; Drive the continued development and use of key account plans in each market sector; Ensure clarity between direct, partnered and channel sales activities.
- Build and Manage the Market Sector Team: Build a world class Market Sector team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel: Identify and hire the right product management skills/talent; Partner with Global Sales and CSE leadership to develop the most effective customer engagement team for current and future services; Provide or recommend corrective plans where course correction is required. Utilize coaching as a key methodology to shape individual and team behaviors.
- Customer Relationships: Develop personal relationships with Intelsat top 10 clients in your market sector.
- Key Relationships: Partner with the Global Sales VP and CSE global Director to field the best customer team; Lead and coach the Product teams; Ensure that Marketing team is delivering on Product, Regional and Channel actions/content; Partner with Intelsat FP&A team to develop 5 year plan along with P&L tracking and reporting; Provide product & operational priorities to Operations
- Provide tools for Sales to execute on Plan (Use Case / SLA / Proposal template / Presentation)
- Coordinate with Innovation team on new terminal.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of experience with full life-cycle product management including product design, positioning, and implementation, etc.
- Former experience deploying products, interfacing with the operations team, and a thorough understanding of the challenges faced by Operators
- Experience working with a mobile network operator, equipment provider, or other related company providing related services
- International experience required
- Prior leadership experience in a product capacity managing a team
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.