Coordinator, Military and Veteran Student Services
- Coordinates services to all students who are veterans or students using veteran benefits. This includes certifying VA eligibility, processing and disbursements of benefits and funds.
- Provides counseling for the Marymount Chapter of the “Veteran Students of Americaâ€ and/or â€œStudent Veterans Association”.
- Coordinates Veteran’s Day celebrations as well as programs throughout the year that will support and assist VA students.
- Provides training to University faculty and staff regarding the hot topics in working with military/veteran students.
- Represents Office of Military and Veteran services at Marymount recruitment events, fairs and open houses.
- Participates in New Student Orientation and other related events as well -
- Provides individual on-boarding support to student veterans and those receiving military benefits.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required.
- Additionally an individual must demonstrate an ability to understand oral and written documentation and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
-Effective interpersonal skills, and customer service skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and ability to complete assignments independently as well as work in an environment with high level of interruption and an ability to support multiple functions with fluctuating priorities.
- Must have an ability to interpret and communicate academic policy information to a variety of campus constituencies.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Experience with student information system and knowledge of Windows based computer programs, specifically VA ONCE, preferred.
- Knowledge of University, State, and Federal regulations a plus.
- VA ONCE, knowledge or ability to learn, Datatel, email.
- Experience in a university/college setting.
- Student affairs, event planning, contract negotiation, student development, leadership training, budgeting, assessment, management, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Org Sync, Google Suite, facsimile, telephone, calculator.
- Strong written and verbal communication, initiative/self-Motivated, organized, time management, website management, social media, mail merge, research and inquiry.
- Ability to manage multiple project and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
Special Notes to Applicants
Please include a list of a minimum of 3 references including relevant contact information.
Application materials must be received by 08/02/2017
Open Until Filled No
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.