Budget/Financial Analyst I
IDA is a federally-funded research and development center that produces objective, high-impact analyses or the Department of Defense (DoD). IDA prides itself on the quality and timeliness of these analyses, and its multi-disciplinary problem-solving approach. The Budget/Financial Analyst assists with organization operations and the development, implementation and management of annual budgets. This position monitors and analyzes budget plans and/or policies and recommends changes to meet objectives and goals. The analyst also compiles, prepares and reviews financial reports, as well as utilizes spreadsheet and database knowledge and financial analytical skills to gather, assemble, develop and maintain a collection of information related to various budgets, purchases and processes.
- Assists the Senior Manager, Facilities and Operations with Budget and Operations tasks.
- Analyzes and verifies financial plans, allocations, apportionments and any proposed changes for accuracy, compliance with practices, policy and consistency with approved operating budgets.
- Reconciles all expenditures to take corrective actions as necessary.
- Prepares annual budget estimates for facilities and operations.
- Compiles information for audits, budgets and financial reports.
- Responds to requests, generates, reviews and submits reports to management.
- Prepares procurement documentation, including purchase requisitions for approval.
- Audits, reconciles, and corrects personnel records for space management.
- Assists with facilities and operations administrative tasks and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field with courses in accounting or business management and/or information technology, is required.
- Knowledge of financial analysis preferably in a government contracting environment.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both orally and in writing.
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance.