Sr Principal Systems Engineer, Splunk, Arcsight, TS/SCI
When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools to become a great cybersecurity Systems Engineer? We are looking for people with a different kind of mind-set that includes strong intuition and the ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details. We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats. We are looking for people with the ability to perform the procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
We need cybersecurity Systems Engineers that can do all or most of a broad scope of tasks such as:
1. Tuning cyber defense tools
2. Integration of Splunk
3. Security architecture design
4. Implement new cyber capabilities
5. Implement regional based IPS
6. Design and define system architectures for new or existing cybersecurity systems.
7. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
8. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
9. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
11. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
12. Determines system specifications and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
15. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering and/or cybersecurity infrastructure, operations and maintenance experience.
- Requires DoD 8570 IAT III and either IASAE-II or CND-SP Infrastructure Support certifications.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI Polygraph.
- Requires a TS/SCI Clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.