Designs and defines system data architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs expert-level data architecture and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and data analysis.
- Performs data systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs
- Reviews completion and implementation of data system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of data base systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems related to data architecture.
- Determines data model, data base specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software configuration compatibility.
- Serves as a technical team or task lead.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced data analysts and may have supervisory responsibility.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Masters degree preferred.
15-20 years of related data analysis and data base modeling experience.
8-10 years of data architecture experience
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.