Application Software Operations and Maintenance
7 days left
- Full Time
Develops and/or maintains computer systems that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed applications and designs complex computer systems to process data.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Defines application systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
- Writes or updates software specifications.
- Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
- Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
- Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
- Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.