Office of Student Accounts, Compliance/Fraud Prevention, & Payroll
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Project Coordinator, Project Management, to support the Office of Students (OSA), Office of Payroll (Payroll) and Compliance & Fraud Prevention (CFP). Reporting to the AD, Project Management, the primary assignment for this position will be to support and/or lead the development of new and ongoing projects including a variety of large-scale enterprise level products, systems, and tools utilized by various departments within the university (such as DMS, Workday, and TouchNet).
This role will also communicate status and issues via multiple vehicles, to ensure organizational understanding of strategic initiatives and related projects. Candidate will manage activities or projects that are not strategically aligned to a singular department. This role will also create and manage processes to support UMUC's goals with external vendors and correlating partnerships.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting all operational aspects of large-scale university projects, focusing on collaborating with senior leadership to facilitate communications, change management activities, training, logistics and support related to the established goals and initiatives.
- Support day-to-day management of projects including: post-production support and transition activities and project maintenance activities including creating materials for weekly executive meetings including items such as presentations, status reports, meeting minutes, future agenda items; training materials; and risk, issue, and scope documentation and other analysis.
- Assisting senior level project managers as part of their team; participate in advisory board and procurement efforts; drive coordination and collaboration across departments to facilitate stakeholder communication as well as to build alignment and synergy.
- Additional activities may include managing meetings, events, inquiries, and tracking various results; triaging cases and troubleshooting issues as well as identifying potential alternative resolutions.
- Assisting with other operational tasks related to all OSA, Payroll & CFP programs.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of experience working in an education or training environment; demonstrated interest in project management; performing project tasks; quality assurance for related content and deliverables; proficiency with MS Office applications; extensive use of computers (specifically case management, customer relation management tools, manipulating tables and spreadsheets, developing presentations and using online collaboration tools); the Internet; demonstrated experience working in teams and in customer service and communications; excellent organizational and writing skills; and attention to detail is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience working with project managers and on large-scale project teams; ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from broad disciplines; strong relationship management skills, demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in project management and other key areas.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.