Research Specialist 2, Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program - Georgetown Universit
Research Specialist 2, Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program is a basic science program that infuses core concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology as applied to biomedical sciences and biotechnology, providing students with a rigorous and challenging curriculum to succeed in their post-academic and professional endeavors. Our program is targeted to those interested in pursuing academic, medical, or biotechnology industry research careers, those who wish to enhance their current careers by reinforcing their biomedical backgrounds, those making career shifts to positions that require additional background in biochemistry and molecular biology, as well as those seeking advanced study in preparation for entry into Ph. D. programs in the biomedical sciences or into professional programs in the medical sciences.
The Research Specialist 2, reporting to the Program's Director, has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs lab management, organization and maintenance of the M.S. Biochemistry research internship and Rosenthal labs and the cell culture teaching labs.
- Co-mentors, trains, and supervises of research internship students to complete their internship projects in the department, and trains them in different cell culture, biochemical and molecular biology techniques.
- Assists the Program Director in researching and developing additional reagents - for example, DNA constructs, and established cell lines - for use in internship projects.
- Teaches as lab instructor for three lab-based courses in the program, including Applications of Cell Culture (spring), Programmed Cell Death lab (fall), and Immunotechniques in Biochemistry (spring) lab courses for the graduate students.
- Conducts enrichment review sessions for Core Concepts of Biochemistry course offered by the program.
- Assists professors in preparing and proctoring exams for program courses.
- Assists in ongoing biomedical research and development projects of the Program Director and graduate faculty in the MS Biochem program.
- Supervises a work-study student hired by the program to help prepare for labs, and maintains direct interaction with students through the lab courses and internship projects, and as needed interactions with faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Master's degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- At least 1 year of experience in biomedical or biotechnology research
- Preference for teaching skills and experience
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.