Research Specialist & Signature Events Coordinator, Center for Jewish Civilization - Walsh School o
- Full Time
Research Specialist & Signature Events Coordinator, Center for Jewish Civilization - Walsh School of Foreign Service
The Center for Jewish Civilization (CJC) is an interdisciplinary teaching and research unit in the Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. The CJC specializes in subjects ranging from American-Middle Eastern foreign policy as it pertains to Israel, to Holocaust and genocide studies, to Jewish-Catholic relations both past and present, to Jewish literature, culture, and religious expression. Judaism is examined as a religion and as a civilization in dynamic dialogue with other peoples and polities.
The Research Specialist & Signature Events Coordinator is responsible for research and academic support for CJC faculty and fellows on the subject of international relations and Middle Eastern foreign policy. S/he will assist faculty with independent research and edit faculty opinion pieces and other items for publication, and well in the development of the Washington Forum on Jewish public affairs and manage all related events. Reporting to the CJC Director, the Research Specialist & Signature Events Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists CJC faculty and fellows with independent research in international relations and Middle Eastern foreign policy.
- Apprises faculty and fellows of new or interesting developments in their field of inquiry.
- Edits and assists faculty and fellows with publishing opinion pieces and other publications.
- Consults with faculty and fellows about relevant ideas to be explored in print/digital field.
Signature Events Coordination and Outreach
- In coordination with the CJC Director and faculty, develops and launches the Washington Forum on Jewish public affairs, including developing the rationale and public explanation for the series.
- Coordinates and manages all forum events - for example, identifying speakers and subjects, scheduling, space reservations, invitations/advertising, catering, equipment, setup and cleanup, and other related duties.
- Coordinates the advertisement of the forum on the CJC's website and social media platforms.
- Solicits the interest of journalists, think tanks, and other stakeholders in the forum.
- Tracks the budget in conjunction with the CJC Center Manager.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of related research and professional experience
- Research experience in international relations and Middle Eastern foreign policy
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong orientation to detail, deadlines, and customer service
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.