Assistant Director, Student Employment Programs - Office of Student Financial Services
Assistant Director. Student Employment Programs - Office of Student Financial Services
The Assistant Director is part of a team that manages the daily operations of the Student Employment Office, a unit within the GU Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS), that administers the following programs: Hourly Student Employment, Georgetown Management System HR/Payroll regarding Student Employees, the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program, the Job Location and Development (JLD) program, and the Employment History Verification program. S/he reports to the Associate Director for the Student Employment Office.
The Assistant Director is responsible for:
- Initiating and approving a high volume of staffing transactions, while reviewing data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with employment laws and the university's policies.
- Working with the systems team and human resources team to develop and implement major functionality in the university's human resources and payroll system.
- Ensuring compliance with labor laws such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Georgetown policies, and Federal Work-Study Program regulations.
- Communicating our office's policies and procedures to hiring departments and student employees.
- Facilitating the resolution of payroll problems or employment issues and acting as a liaison to other university resources.
The Assistant Director has the opportunity to:
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Advance the office by assisting in the development of effective programs, policies, and procedures which impact hiring departments across the university and the student employee population.
- Work with a talented, fun-loving, hard-working team.
- Learn from and collaborate with a number of key stakeholders throughout the university in departments such as University Information Systems, Human Resources, Main Campus Finance Office, and Payroll Services.
- Bachelor's degree
- Up to 2 years of administrative experience in student employment, human resources, accounting, career services, and/or financial aid or an equivalent combination of education and administrative experience
- Team player
- Passionate about problem solving
- Ability to use independent judgment and to takes initiative
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.