Director, Information Security
Responsible for the policy, implementation, and oversight of the information systems security program for a Division or large Sector.
GDIT is seeking a qualified Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of a Federal client's Enterprise Cybersecurity Program. The SME is responsible for analyzing needs, proposing recommendations, and communicating status in alignment with the direction and operations of the client.
The SME will work in concert with the Federal Leadership Team, Intra-agency Partner Groups and Project Management community to qualify and prioritize resource demand, support project delivery, and serve as a key touch point for SME customers. The SME will support a team of Senior Cybersecurity personal and is responsible for daily operations as well as tracking deliverables and due dates for multiple federal leads including senior Department of Energy (DOE) officials. The SME seeks opportunities to scale operations and drive improvements commensurate with changing business needs and requirements. The SME reports to the Cybersecurity SME team leader and may be required to assume management responsibilities during times of vacation or sick leave.
The SME will help the SME team leader establish, enhance, and sustain optimal practices, processes, and standards regarding Program and Project Methodology, Performance, and Governance Management. These efforts will support the clients Project Management community, Intra-agency Partner Groups, and Cybersecurity Team Leaders to successfully deliver projects and change initiatives to meet their strategic goals and objectives.
To achieve this, the SME must demonstrate relevant domain expertise of an Enterprise Cybersecurity Program and successfully translate best practices into consistent standards, plans, procedures, and frameworks that can be re-used on multiple projects and broader change management initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop policy, program management plans and strategic documents
- Develop senior level white papers and point papers
- Provide strategic guidance and counsel to senior management
- Lead or facilitate major portions of large or medium projects / tasks, or provide sole support for small projects / tasks
- Gathers facts through research, interviewing, surveys, etc. analyze the client's business, draw conclusions, prepare final reports and gives presentations
- Provides technical knowledge and analysis of information assurance, to include system engineering; risk management; system authorization, critical infrastructure continuity and contingency planning; security awareness and training.
- Familiar with statutes, regulations, and current OMB, NIST, and NSA guidance with respect to establishing and maintaining a Cybersecurity program.
- Effectively build strategic relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions
- Maintain integrity in all transactions; follows up and keeps promises; maintains ethical standards of clients
- Effectively adapts to new requirements; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change
- Ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner to senior management
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field. Post graduate work, such as project management certification, or master's degree, preferred.
- United States Citizen (REQUIRED)
- At least 8 years of directly related experience is required
- Professional cyber security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and resourceful
12-15 years of related experience in data security administration, including at least supervisory 5 years of successful mid to large ($1M) program management, with proven experience managing complex information security projects.
At least 8 years of directly related experience is required
Professional cyber security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or equivalent
Project Management Professional (PMP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.