Virtualization Solution Architect (TS/SCI required)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Active/Current TS-SCI security clearance.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Center Virtualization (DCV) and/or Desktop and Mobility (DTM)
- Citrix Certified Professional or Expert certification in Virtualization, Networking, and/or Mobility desired
- Experience architecting enterprise level VDI solutions involving Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp or VMWare View/Horizon
- Experience with architecting workloads in Azure, AWS, and/or hybrid cloud environments desired
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and Certificate Authority
- Experience with Gateway/Application Delivery Controller (ADC) and Global and Server Load Balancing (GSLB) in support of VDI
- Experience with multiple application delivery methods including app isolation, app layering, app streaming, app hosting, and SCCM
- Demonstrated ability to design virtualization infrastructure to achieve "5-nines" levels of availability
- Demonstrated understanding of layer 2/3 networking technologies and concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of block/file-based storage systems, storage-area-network products and technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of backup, recovery, and replication technologies for virtualized environments
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing
- Experience with user profile management solutions, either Citrix UPM, VMware UEM, or AppSense
- Understanding of different end user experience and infrastructure performance monitoring products and technologies
- Understanding of enterprise management and mobility in a virtualized environment for user facing services: thick/thin/zero/portable client devices, multi-function printers/scanner/fax, OS and application baseline management
- Security+ or CISSP
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.