Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and around the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401(k) Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
- General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
We are looking for a Proposal Director that has experience directing the planning, staffing, and management of multiple, simultaneous proposal efforts for a Division; supervises assigned proposal staff. NOTE: This is typically a top-level, single-incumbent position in a Division.
Work with the BSSG organization and the Division Sectors to identify appropriate resources needed to cover all opportunity pursuits.
Manage proposal support facilities to include 7 unclassified proposal war rooms and 5 classified proposal war rooms. Assign rooms for proposal teams. Ensure that equipment is operable and rooms are maintained for each team that uses the facility. Provide catering services to proposal teams as requested.
Hire surge support when all internal resources are engaged.
Maintain archive of proposal materials for re-use.
1. Directs all activities in the development and revision of proposal efforts for a Division.
2. Manages, directly and through subordinate managers, assigned Proposals staff.
3. Regularly reports proposal status and statistics.
4. Leads teams through the business capture process.
5. Identifies and resolves issues impacting the proposal development process including appropriate staffing, win strategy, facilities, etc.
6. Performs as Proposal Manager on corporate strategic bids.
7. Leads proposal review teams.
8. Recommends and implements improvements in the proposal development process.
9. Develops and conducts proposal training programs.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a related business discipline.
2. Master's Degree preferred.
12-15 years of related experience managing proposal efforts in a government contracting environment.
Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of proposal development, including technical research, writing and editing.
Advanced knowledge of the organization's products, services, and customer base.
Effective communications skills.
Effective management and supervisory skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.