Technical Lead (Software Development)
6 days left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in working on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Mission Accomplishment and Regulatory Compliance Services (MARCS) program. The objective of this program is to modernize and enhance the IT capabilities in support of the FDA Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) while maintaining a reliable, stable and secure operating environment. Key areas of focus will be in Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Development, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) software activities. The Technical Lead (Software Development) will manage and direct all software development activities for one or more task orders (to be determined) under the MARCS program. Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly, and through subordinate managers, oversees employees engaged in the design and development of MARCS software applications.
- Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborates with other departments to prioritize software development needs including design, development, documenting and testing new and existing software.
- Evaluates results within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
- Analyzes and resolves software development issues and needs in terms of the software's full life cycle.
- Directs entire business unit/area with responsibility for resource allocation, including budget and personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- 15 or more years of related software development experience, including management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques to include Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods.
- Experience acting as a Scrum Master highly desirable.
- Experience working with Oracle platforms to include middleware and database technologies.
- Experience providing technical leadership in a complex enterprise system of systems environment.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Effective management skills.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products (e.g. Jira).
- Professional certification in one or more specific methods and technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience in working on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Mission Accomplishment and Regulatory Compliance Services (MARCS) program.