AN/SQQ-89 A(V) 15 Senior Specialist, Training
Primary responsibilities: to conduct classroom and shipboard hands-on training for tactical watch standers and technicians on surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 sonar system and associated systems and create, review, and update course curriculum for all ASW courses taught under the CSCS advanced warfare training program and support ASW Self-Assessment Groom Training.
- Coordinates the development and delivery of complex ASW (AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15) training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews ASW course content and objectives.
- Provide assistance to government representatives/stakeholders with determining applicability of current sonar principles, environmental analysis, and exploitation including Tactical Oceanography.
- Maintains records of training activities (via Integrated Performance Assessment Tool), participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- Provide instructor training on the AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15.
- Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as ASW technical team or task lead.
- Conducts research into new ASW training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required. Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.