- Full Time
Graduation from high school, supplemented by completion of an apprenticeship in the electrician trade; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of the electrician trade; and of the tools, equipment, and materials used in the trade.
- Ability to perform skilled electrician work; to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade safely and efficiently; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others.
- Journey Level License in the Electrician Trade.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to extreme heights, varying temperatures and uneven terrain.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is skilled electrician work in maintaining, installing, repairing, and inspecting electrical systems and equipment. An employee in this class is responsible for repairing electrical systems and equipment in school facilities; installing a variety of electrical fixtures and devices; and inspecting electrical work completed in school buildings. Work is performed in accordance with standard trade practices and applicable codes and regulations. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Repairs electrical systems and equipment including exterior fans on roof top units; motors; pole lights; kitchen equipment such as ovens, ranges, fryers, steam cookers, soup kettles, dishwashers, and booster heaters; circulating pumps, supply water pumps, and interior and exterior light fixtures.
- Inspects systems and equipment and orders parts and materials as needed.
- Installs new electrical panels, burglar alarms, receptacles, switches, light fixtures, wire molding, and conduit, and wires a variety of equipment including walk-in freezers.
- Inspects electrical work for compliance with electrical codes and local regulations.
- Orders parts, materials, and tools needed for the work.
- Performs related work as required.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -