SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (TRANSITION)
- Full Time
JOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 06/26/2017 CLOSING DATE: POSTING NUMBER: P163593LCH LOCATION: LOUDOUN COUNTY HS POSITION TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (TRANSITION) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Holds or is eligible for a valid license from the Virginia Department of Education in Special Education.
- Has a desire to work in the community with local businesses to obtain employment and work experiences for students with disabilities.
- The transition teacher must be very well organized with strong time management skills.
- The transition teacher must be a self-starter who is comfortable and competent taking on leadership roles.
- The transition teacher will be responsible for meeting the transition needs of students with disabilities in the assigned school cluster.
- Provides education for students, parents, and staff regarding transition services and organizations.
- Provides regular transition education to the elementary and middle school staff, families and students in their cluster.
- Provides staff development on transition topics.
- Teaches lessons on transition related topics to individual students or small groups (e.g., resume writing, interviewing, filling out applications, searching for colleges/technical schools, post-secondary options)
- Assists students in obtaining employment and employment related skills; monitors students’ progress toward post-secondary goals.
- Works with community business leaders and adult service organizations to establish work-sites for students; collaborates with the CBI and marketing teachers regarding supporting the accommodations and modifications a student may require in a job site; provides or locates job coaching services when necessary.
- Attends IEPs and assists in developing transition plans for students who are in need of transition services; assesses students’ transition needs utilizing a variety of vocational and career assessment tools.
- Conducts phone surveys of students in special education after graduation and reviews IEP’s to meet State indicator requirements; collects and analyzes data on student work experience and career assessments
- Performs related work as required.
OTHER INFORMATION: LICENSED APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
197 Day Position, 7 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -