Part-Time Programs Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $15.00 per hour
Web Announcement :
Part-Time Programs Assistant
The George Mason University Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property (CPIP)--within the Antonin Scalia Law School on the Arlington, Va., campus--is seeking a Part-Time Programs Assistant. The position will require 20 hours per week and will pay $15 per hour. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to CPIPs Operations and Events Manager, the Programs Assistant will provide administrative support for the events and office management. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing meeting materials;
- Calendar Management;
- Assisting with attendee and CPIP staff travel arrangements;
- Maintaining databases/files;
- Answering telephones and responding to e-mails;
- Processing travel reimbursements;
- Ordering office supplies; and
- Other projects as assigned.
- Strong interest in events management and office management;
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and accuracy-driven work ethic;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate a high level of professionalism;
- Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (experience with event management software such as Cvent is a bonus); and
- Ability to multitask and efficiently prioritize work.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Experience in events management or office management; and
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WGB298 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :